Warm Christmas wishes to you and thanks for visiting!
If you're looking for sweet little ways to keep religion at the center of your Christmas celebrations, this cake topper BELONGS on your holiday dessert table. It's perfect for families that celebrate Christmas with a birthday cake for Jesus. And even that's not your style, I still have an amazing recipe to share with you!
First, let me say that I am NOT a food blogger. But I do love to bake and even more, I love to eat a good cake. THIS is one of my all-time favorite cakes that my mom has made since I was a little girl. It is a deliciously simple, old-fashioned apple cake and every time I make it, people ask for the recipe. The cake by itself is great, but my new twist is to add cinnamon butttercream in between the cake layers and it is next-level, melt in your mouth, give me another piece, awesomeness!
1 ¼ c. vegetable oil
2 c. sugar
4 c. flour
4 c. diced apples
1 c. milk
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. salt
2 Tbsp. melted butter
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 and prepare 2 - 9 inch round pans.
2. Beat oil, eggs and sugar until creamy.
3. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix.
4. Pour half of the batter into each of the cake pans.
5. Mix together the crumble topping in a small bowl.
6. Spread topping onto the top of the batter of ONE pan. This will be the top cake when you stack the cakes. The bottom layer doesn't need topping.
7. Bake 40-45 minutes until a pick comes out clean.
Frosting recipe adapted from mrfood.com
1/2 c. softened butter
1/4 c. brown sugar
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
2 c. powdered sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla
2 Tbsp. milk
Frosting Instructions:1. Beat butter, brown sugar and cinnamon until creamy.
2. Add powdered sugar and vanilla then beat until smooth.
3. After the cakes are completely cooled, stack the cakes with buttercream in between the layers.
This cake is so gooooood and pretty much fool-proof! With the chunks of apple baked inside, the perfectly, sugary, crunchy crumble on top, and the extra sweetness of just enough buttercream filling....you will impress your friends and family with this one.
If you want to serve this cake for a Christmas party with the O Holy Night and Nativity cake topper, you can order it HERE. I'll make it with some extra love and Christmas cheer and get it sent right out to you.
Order your Christmas cake topper right here.
Avalon Sunshine cake toppers are the easiest way to decorate your cake without any stress or decorating skills. They work great for traditional and non-traditional cakes...home-baked and store bought cakes. Find a bunch of simple and fun decorating ideas here, then go plan the best party ever!